exp date isn't null, but text field is
Patients meeting the following criteria are considered eligible for treatment with clozapine suspension:
1. Patients with a diagnosed swallowing difficulty.
2. A request has been submitted to and approved by the Prescribing ManagementGroup (PMG(MH)). (See guidance)
If use of Denzapine suspension is approved the following process must be completed before clozapine suspension can be prescribed:
1. The consultant psychiatrist, treatment location and patient must be registered with the Denzapine Monitoring Service (DMS).
2. Confirmation of this registration must be received by pharmacy and the consultant psychiatrist before clozapine suspension is prescribed.
3. Prescribe appropriately and email/fax the prescription to Leverndale Pharmacy.
Last reviewed: 18 July 2019
Next review: 01 May 2021
Author(s): MHS Clozapine Review Group
Approved By: PMG-MH
Reviewer Name(s): Andrew Walker, Suzanne Burke