Patients meeting the following criteria are considered eligible for treatment with clozapine oro-dispersible:
- As an alternative for patients already established on clozapine suspension.
- To support establishment of clozapine treatment for patients reluctant to swallow tablets.
- To aid compliance monitoring in patients with a known history of oral non-compliance.
- Patients with a diagnosed swallowing difficulty who cannot swallow tablets.
- A non-formulary request has been submitted to and approved by the Prescribing Management Group (PMG (MH).
Note: the standard tablets are the preparation of choice. Patients, where possible, should be switched to standard tablets at the earliest opportunity.