The NHSGGC Library Network provides library and information services to all staff working within NHSGGC and its partner organisations. With 9 staffed libraries across Glasgow and Clyde, you can access an extensive collection of healthcare, management and social services resources in print and online.
The Maria Henderson Library at Gartnavel Royal is the specialist mental health library for the board; books from this library can be requested and collected from any staffed library, or sent out to your work address and returned via internal mail. You can contact the Maria Henderson Library between 9am-5pm Mon to Fri on 0141 211 3913 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is additional library space on site at Leverndale Hospital in the Clinical Learning and Education Centre (CLEC) on the ground floor of the Administration Building. You will require your staff swipe badge to gain access, ask at Reception if you need to borrow a badge. The Library room within the CLEC has a couple of PCs and a small selection of core textbooks.
Other useful services provided by the Library include:
- literature searching
- training on a wide range of topics from finding full text articles to critical appraisal skills
- support around writing for publication
- current awareness services to keep you up-to-date with your subject area
- Join the library by creating an NHS Scotland Athens account
- Search across all NHS Scotland Library resources (print books, ejournals and ebooks) and access databases via The Knowledge Network
- Request training, literature searches, current awareness services and more via the Library QUEST website
For more information on library services:
- StaffNet - Corporate Services - eHealth - Library Network
- Library Network website
- Contact: Library.Network@ggc.scot.nhs.uk
- Subject Specialist Librarian for Mental Health: Tracey McKee, email@example.com (based at GRH Mondays and Tuesdays, and at RAH Wednesday-Friday)